The start of 2023 has brought forth a wave of states that have adopted NASAA’s IAR CE rule that requires registered investment advisers to complete 12 continuing education credits before the end of the year.
States that have Adopted IAR CE Regulations:
- NEW Colorado (Effective 1/1/2024)
- Wisconsin (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Arkansas (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Kentucky (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Michigan (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Oklahoma (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Oregon (Effective 1/1/2023)
- South Carolina (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Washington, D.C. (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Mississippi (Effective 1/1/2022)
- Vermont (Effective 1/1/2022)
- Maryland (Effective 1/1/2022)
Registered investment advisers in any of the states mentioned above are required to complete 12 credits of NASAA-approved training before December 31st. The model rule is intended to help RIAs better serve their clients by fully understanding the current regulatory compliance requirements and best practices in their area of expertise. Click here to learn more about the requirements and find a catalog of NASAA-approved courses to apply to your program.